Who are we?
Navan Chamber of Commerce are a voluntary organisation that work on behalf of the business, retail and hospitality sectors of Navan and its environs.
What we do?
Regional, national and local representation
- As a chamber that is affiliated to Chambers Ireland we can raise issues at regional and national level on behalf of our members.
- We maintain regular communications with Navan Town Council, Meath County Council and other authorities to raise issues affecting the business community. If you are a member and there is any issue affecting your business that you would like us to raise on your behalf please email the Chamber setting out the issue.
- Chambers is the country’s largest business organisation.
- Regular morning, lunch time and evening events.
- Opportunities for structured and informal networking.
- Non-members are welcome to join us at our informal weekly Monday lunch from 1-2PM to learn more about our activities.
- Social and training events provide opportunities to improve skills and additional opportunities to network
- Following on from the Totally Locally Christmas 2012 campaign, we have continued to work closely with Navan Town Council on the 2013 Shop Local Stay Local campaign and intend to launch a more comprehensive year round marketing strategy in 2014.
- We continually make submissions on car parking, litter and other issues on behalf of the retail community.
- We are currently very active with our Need for fair Local Authority Charges on Business campaign.
- We are currently promoting the Boyne Valley Drive which showcases all the Boyne Valley has to offer. Navan is at its heart.
Industry and Foreign Direct Investment
- We were involved in the establishment of the Meath Economic Forum which will be chaired by John Bruton.
- We are currently promoting the Make it Meath and Make it Navan campaign which is aimed at bringing new jobs into the region.
We are also involved in supporting various other projects such as the Navan Community Business of the year awards. We recognise the need to improve communications to the business community through our Facebook page, website and the publication of our Newsletter, with thanks to Angel Marketing and Bee Advertised.
The above provides a short summary of the items the Chamber is involved in. If you would like to find out more about any of these items or indeed have items you think the Chamber should be involved in please don’t hesitate to contact myself or the Chamber directly at any time.
The business environment continues to be very challenging, but there are also opportunities. We need to work together as a community and Navan Chamber are here to work with and support you to create a better business environment for Navan and its environs. We look forward to receiving your support.
Navan Chamber of Commerce